Why International Garden Festival 2017?
Every year, more than 400,000 visitors flock to Domaine de Chaumont-sur-Loire, which has hosted the International Garden Festival since 1992. This event paints a panoramic picture of landscape design from around the world every year. Over 25 seasons, more than 700 gardens have been designed in the Festival grounds – all prototypes of the gardens of tomorrow, for the Festival, as a trendsetter, treasure trove of ideas and breeding ground for talent, breathes fresh life into these 'living works of art' that gardens represent, by constantly showcasing new plants, new materials, original approaches and innovative concepts.
The diversity, creativity and quality of projects blending art, science, botany and poetry have helped earn the Festival a world-renowned reputation as an unmissable diary date for presenting the work of a whole new generation of landscapers, architects, designers, set designers and gardeners from all four corners of the globe: Japan, China, Europe and the Americas ... The Festival has recently been named 'Festival of the Year' by the North American garden league
International Garden Festival 2017 Focus:
Whether the focus is on 'water', 'colour', 'memory', 'deadly sins' or 'therapeutic gardens', every year the gardens at Chaumont-sur-Loire invent new ways of seeing, experiencing and designing gardens with humour and audacity. They also invite us to respect and poetically inhabit our planet.
International Garden Festival 2017:
25th edition of the International Garden Festival is set to open on 21 April and, after all its preparations behind the winter scenes, will have a whole host of surprises in store on the theme 'Gardens of the Coming Century'.
2017 CULTURAL PROGRAMMING:
- “Fleurs fantômes” - Installation by Gabriel Orozco - Centre-Loire Valley Region special commission - Château
- Installation by Andy Goldsworthy – Historic Grounds
- Installation by El Anatsui – Historic Grounds
- Installation by Giuseppe Penone – Historic Grounds
- “Tremblement de ciels” - Installations by Marc Couturier – Château, Donkey Stables and Farmyard Footbath
- Installations by Cai Guo-Qiang - Lower Le Fenil Gallery
- Installations by Wang Keping – Bee Barn and Stables Canopy
- “Issu du feu” – Installation by Bae - Stables Indoor Ring
- “Intérieur. Hespérides” - Installation by Pauline Bazignan - Donkey Stables
- “Lien infini” - Installation by Yamou – Goualoup Park