Why Graphic Design Festival Breda 2017?
Meet contemporary creatives that allow you to see the world differently. Every two years festival's team offer an extensive program in the city centre of Breda and have several projects travelling around Europe. During this fifth edition of the festival, young talented designers, established names, current issues and inspiring designs are highlighted in exhibitions, talks, tours and workshops.
The iconic designer:
Graphic designers influence our daily life. From advertising, websites and packaging: designers create it all. What is their attitude during the design process? Why do they make what they make? Which roles characterise them? These questions are asked during the festival. During this edition, the role of the designer is more important than ever! That’s why this year’s topic is “Introducing Current Characters”.
Graphic Design Festival Breda likes to support and stimulate all developments in the field of graphic design, working together with partners who share the same vision and goals. Since the first edition in 2008 the festival developed into the international platform it is today. Now, several GDFB-exhibitions travel to other countries, museums, galleries and festivals. Our goal has been to strengthen and stabilise this position. Graphic Design Festival Breda is very proud to have built a loyal and committed fan base of friends and ambassadors, who we have gotten to know better and better over the past five years. The festival inspires and confronts over 15.000 visitors and 100.000 passers-by and reaches 50.000 ‘friends’ online on a weekly basis.
Education in GDFB 2017:
An introduction to (the role of) graphic design
- The Graphic Design Festival Breda aims to introduce young teenagers as well as very young children to the role of graphic design in daily life, through various different educational programmes.
- GDFB wants to introduce graphic design into the daily lives of both young and old. Following different themes, several programmes and workshops have been developed for various education levels.
Tips: If you visit Breda you might want to extend your stay and visit these cool places:
- Textiel Museum, with an amazing TextileLab where designers combine craft and hi-tech.
- Nederlands Drukkerij Museum, with historical printing presses and working linotype.
- Doel, the ghost town that's a paradise for graffiti artists.
- Plantin Moretus, see how type founders, compositors, printers and proofreaders worked 440 years ago.
- Dutch Design Week, over 400 events at 80 locations celebrating Dutch Design.
For further information, please visit the official website at www.gdfb.nl