Why ImPulsTanz 2018?
ImPulsTanz, that’s performances, workshops, research projects and soçial – the nightly party programme.More than 100.000 people visit the festival each year, the biggest of its kind in Europe.
- As audience of the more than 100 performances in Burgtheater or Volkstheater, in Schauspielhaus, the venues in MuseumsQuartier, or the more than 15 further venues and spaces of the city.
- As particpiants in the around 200 workshops and research projects for beginners and professionals in the studios of Arsenal.
- Or as visitors of the two grand festival parties in Kasino am Schwarzenbergplatz or the nightly DJ-lines and concerts at the ImPulsTanz festival lounge in Burgtheater Vestibül.
Workshop programme in Vienna Dance Festival 2018:
With its versatile roster, ImPulsTanz workshops is the biggest workshop festival in Europe. The Workshop programme welcomes several thousand participants from more than 80 countries each year: beginners of all ages as well as professionals take the chance to study with international, renowned direction-giving choreographers. In the course of the nightly party- and concert programme ImPulsTanz soçial the festival team invites artists and spectators to join them celebrating and relaxing at the ImPulsTanz festival lounge or at the parties.
Performances in Contemporary Dance Festival Vienna 2018:
- Since 1988 ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival has been presenting a cross section of the contemporary dance scene in all its varieties. Companies and artists such as Ballet de l‘Opéra National de Paris, Alain Platel and many others do not only give an insight into their works, but also find a fertile ground for cooperation at the festival.
- The continuous, close relationship with these artists turns ImPulsTanz into one of the most distinguished contemporary dance festivals worldwide.
- Exhibitions, book presentations, panel discussions, etc. add as [ImPulsTanz Extras] to the festival programme.