This market defining conference features over 400 lectures, panels, tutorials and round-table discussions on a comprehensive selection of game development topics taught by leading industry experts. In addition, the GDC expo showcases all of the most relevant game development tools, platforms and services helping to drive the industry forward. The conference also features the seventeenth annual Independent Games Festival, the longest-running and largest festival relating to independent games worldwide, where original games compete for the attention of the publishing community, and the fifteenth annual Game Developers Choice Awards, the premier accolades for peer-recognition in the digital games industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND Game Developers Conference?
(Visual Artists / Programmers / Audio / Designers)
- Business Development Professionals and Venture Capitalists
(CEOs / Presidents / Directors / VPs / Consultants)
- Studio Managers & Heads of Studios
(Executive Managers / Directors / Studio Management)
(Localization Managers / Producers / Video Directors / QA Leads)
- Vendor Companies and Sponsors
(Hardware / Software / Middleware / Services)
- Career Seekers & Recruiters
(Seasoned Veterans / Students / Schools / Expanding Companies)
Why Attend GDC 2018?
- Hone your skills with the latest tools and techniques being used in the industry through GDC's focused sessions and the GDC Expo Floor. Explore challenges other developers are facing across platforms, software, game engines, and other development issues, and collaborate on successful solutions for emerging platforms, monetization models, distribution methods, and evolving production pipelines.
- Take advantage of a multi-billion dollar industry by networking with top studio heads, international developers and investors. Gain knowledge of opportunities in digital entertainment and communities that will garner new ventures, and mold the future of video games.
- Gather new methods for studio management during lean economic times and learn the pros, cons, and techniques of developing and marketing on new emerging game platforms to target every demographic.
- Sessions will help you stay up-to-date on current developer processes with a global perspective. Develop best-practices from game studios that have produced games with international and domestic audiences. Learn new strategies for effective game production and team management, and share ideas with fellow colleagues. Sessions in production offer insight into streamlining your production process and improving your game's quality.
- This gamers trade show attracts over 26,000 attendees, creating the industry's most dynamic and concentrated game development community; engage this audience over three days by showcasing your company's products, services, and innovations.
- Get your name out to the best new talent in the industry. Meet face-to-face with the top talent worldwide committed to making better games. Job seekers, meet companies and recruiters who are hiring now. Bring your portfolios, reels, and resumes, make productive connections.
History of the GDC as an Game Conference in USA
The Game Developers Conference has grown from an informal gathering of about 25 developers in the living room of a notable game designer 27 years ago, to a week-long conference for more than 23,000 industry insiders. In 2011, GDC commemorated the 25th edition of the conference, serving as a testament of how far the industry has come. Initially, the GDC was focused on computer games, but the industry has now diversified to the point that it includes any number of platforms, such as dedicated gaming consoles, handheld devices, mobile, smartphone and tablet devices, online, and of course computers. From year to year, the GDC continues to define market innovations and future vision, providing insight into the future of gaming.
The GDC Advisory Board
Passion is the essence of the GDC Advisory Board. These seasoned industry professionals volunteer their time every year to help construct the 400+ GDC conference sessions. They work to ensure that the quality of the content provided to attendees is high-level, relevant, and timely. Their dedication is critical to the success of the conference. Read about the extraordinary members of the GDC Advisory Board.
For further information, please visit the official website at www.gdconf.com.